IT Operations Engineer
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the entire lifecycle of technology implementations, from identifying and designing solutions for business requirements to implementing those solutions and maintaining them through their lifecycle
- Monitoring and auditing health of on site and global infrastructure, and be available to resolve issues as they arise. This could include participation in an on-call support rotation, as this role’s main responsibility is the Bellevue office
- Proactively monitoring and supporting network, server, software, and desktop issues
- Setting up local hardware and supporting software for new hires, visitors, and contractors
- Developing business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for incident management
- Traveling to remote sites for proactive and preventive maintenance visits
- Providing technical support for company events, shows, and conventions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience with setup, configuration, and management of network devices including switching, routing, and firewalls
- Extensive Linux Administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Automation Scripting experience (Python or Perl)
- Experience supporting IT in a globally distributed enterprise
- Knowledge of configuration state management tools (Ansible, CFEngine, Puppet, SCOM, SCCM, Powershell DSC, Chef, etc)
- ITSM/ITIL process improvement and tools (LANDesk, ServiceNow, Workfront, Samanage, Remedy, etc)
- Automation of Windows and Mac OS imaging and application package deployment
- Project management experience
- Experience supporting Google Apps
- Supporting distributed video conferencing and collaboration technologies
- CCNA/CCNP/ RHCSA/RHCE/Network+/Linux+ Certifications
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!