Lead Engineer - Game Services
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
- Building and leading a first-class team of engineers, technical QA, and technical operations as needed to develop, test, and operate a set of online services.
- Instilling best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Insisting on the highest standard for operational excellence from day one so the services the team develops are fully production ready
- Working closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new and existing service development.
- Reporting on the status of development, quality, operations, and service performance to ensure they meet best-in-class standards
- 5+ years building online web systems using Java/C++/C#, with SQL/ noSQL database backend
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 large-scale production environment
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!