Lead Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is searching for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person in this role will be an integral part of our online team, advocating for quality and efficiency in all of our testing practices. If you are passionate about improving test coverage and want to assist in raising Epic's Technical QA bar.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead automation efforts across Epic’s Online team
- Increase the quality bar and test coverage of Epic’s online services
- Effectively reuse existing automation or tools, and create both when needed
- Create and maintain automated functionality tests for multiple services
- Write and execute load tests on the scale of many thousands of concurrent users
- Work independently across multiple teams, products and services to deliver automation
- Assist in the review of test plans and automated cases from junior members
- Proactively communicate with development team during the development cycle and participate in design and documentation of new features
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
5+ years writing test automation using Java, C# or other object oriented language
RESTful Web service testing experience
Experience load testing complex systems with off-the-shelf software such as Gatling or Artillery
Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins
Strong understanding of modern test methodologies such as fakes, mocks, and dependency injection
Experience working in an agile development environment
Experience with deployment tool chain a plus (AWS, Docker, Ansible)
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!