Producer - DevOps
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
As Epic continues to develop new games and services (epicgames.com), we’re adding an experienced Producer to our global Online Team department. In this role, you’ll work with a talented, distributed team of Systems Engineers, Developer, Producers, and QA in a 24/7 environment. The ideal candidate understands operational excellence, and has a passion for reliability and security. Partnering with our Lead Systems Engineer, you’ll help develop, track, and execute on high level goals and daily operations which help us make the most reliable games on the planet.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitating cross-team communication and planning for projects that span multiple teams and Epic IP
- Road-mapping and working with technical leads and cross-discipline Producers to understand and capture requirements for upcoming online services and game milestones
- Project tracking for the Online Operations team, including Jira management
- Owning and tracking progress on core operational excellence goals, dashboard setups, run book progress, monitoring progress, unit testing progress, etc.
- Developing, communicating, and tracking KPIs across product teams and Online Operations
- Setting up, scheduling, and conducting regular, effective post mortem reviews
- Tracking on-call progress, including goal measurement and reporting around escalation times and SLAs set within the organization
- Tracking and managing cost related items while working with leads and business owners as needed
- Ensuring critical needs from across teams are accounted for, and that those deadlines will be met
- Working with Epic Information Security on initiatives as needed
- Recommend and empower teams with the appropriate project management tools, communication, reports, and support
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Ability to create, track, and maintain schedules which address problems facing live operations of multiple products
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a global online operations team supporting a reliable, scalable, highly available, consumer-facing products
- Experience working with cloud services
- Experience spearheading conversations around and pushing operational excellence
- Knowledge of software development process, project management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in deeply technical environments and projects
- Experience managing engineers and working with teams successfully developing technology in the online or software as a service space
- Passion for games and gaming technology
- AWS certifications are a plus
If developers turn to you to solve problems, and reliability and security get you out of bed in the morning, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!