Rendering Programmer - VR
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Rendering Programmer to bring the Unreal Engine to new and existing platforms involving VR/AR. You will work on platform support and rendering improvements, as well as define and implement the gameplay interface. If you have a passion for VR/AR and want to work with the most exciting new technology in one of the fastest growing areas of Unreal Engine then we would be interested in talking with you.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal while creating new features
- Improving and implementing clean interfaces and architectures that fit multiple devices
- Managing a large codebase that touches many platforms without breaking them
- Testing oriented design and careful programming of large scale systems
- Engine level work including both platform and rendering level code
- Interacting with game teams to make usable tools and interfaces
- Be forward thinking keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Exceptional C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Passionate about virtual and augmented reality
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Experience with implementing rendering solutions on mobile devices
- You are familiar with methods of platform abstraction or console engine development
- Experience optimizing game engines for various platforms
If you’d like to be part
of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!