Rendering Programmer - VR
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Rendering Programmer to bring the Unreal Engine to new and existing platforms involving VR/AR. You will work on platform support and rendering improvements, as well as define and implement the gameplay interface. If you have a passion for VR/AR and want to work with the most exciting new technology in one of the fastest growing areas of Unreal Engine then we would be interested in talking with you.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal while creating new features
- Improving and implementing clean interfaces and architectures that fit multiple devices
- Managing a large codebase that touches many platforms without breaking them
- Testing oriented design and careful programming of large scale systems
- Engine level work including both platform and rendering level code
- Interacting with game teams to make usable tools and interfaces
- Be forward thinking keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Exceptional C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Passionate about virtual and augmented reality
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Experience with implementing rendering solutions on mobile devices
- You are familiar with methods of platform abstraction or console engine development
- Experience optimizing game engines for various platforms
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!