Senior Backend Engineer
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent, or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
In this role at Epic you'll be at the center of services that power our game experiences for all products around the globe. You'll work closely with our teams to build and support systems that deliver high performance, reliability, and epic functionality. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We're looking for a skilled, dependable, innovator who plays well with others and enjoys finding creative solutions.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with developers across product and services teams to integrate with backend APIs
- Works with other engineers to integrate the online backend features into the game
- Resolves any issues during development phase
- Helps develop and maintain integrations and best practices documentation
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 5+ years building online web systems using Java/C++/C#, with SQL/ noSQL database backend
- 3+ years building or consuming Web Services (REST, OAuth)
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Strong experience with setting up continuous integration infrastructure using TeamCity, Jenkins, etc
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark Chrome DevTools, etc
- Experience working in the game industry
- Experience with caching solutions such as Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems such as Elasticsearch, Zookeeper, etc
- Experience with deployment tools such as Chef, Ansible, etc.
This is going to be Epic!