Senior Backend Engineer
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
In this role at Epic you'll be at the center of services that power our game experiences for all products around the globe. You'll work closely with our teams to build and support systems that deliver high performance, reliability, and epic functionality. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We're looking for a skilled, dependable, innovator who plays well with others and enjoys finding creative solutions.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with developers across product and services teams to integrate with backend APIs
- Works with other engineers to integrate the online backend features into the game
- Resolves any issues during development phase
- Helps develop and maintain integrations and best practices documentation
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 5+ years building online web systems using Java/C++/C#, with SQL/ noSQL database backend
- 3+ years building or consuming Web Services (REST, OAuth)
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Strong experience with setting up continuous integration infrastructure using TeamCity, Jenkins, etc
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark Chrome DevTools, etc
- Experience working in the game industry
- Experience with distributed caching solutions
- Experience with deploying and running services on a large scale
This is going to be Epic!