Lead Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is searching for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person in this role will be an integral part of our online team, advocating for quality and efficiency in all of our testing practices. If you are passionate about improving test coverage and want to assist in raising Epic's Technical QA bar, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead automation efforts across Epic’s Online team
- Increase the quality bar and test coverage of Epic’s online services
- Effectively reuse existing automation or tools, and create both when needed
- Create and maintain automated functionality tests for multiple services
- Write and execute load tests on the scale of many thousands of concurrent users
- Work independently across multiple teams, products and services to deliver automation
- Assist in the review of test plans and automated cases from junior members
- Proactively communicate with development team during the development cycle and participate in design and documentation of new features
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
5+ years writing test automation using Java, C# or other object oriented language
RESTful Web service testing experience
Experience load testing complex systems with off-the-shelf software such as Gatling or Artillery
Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins
Strong understanding of modern test methodologies such as fakes, mocks, and dependency injection
Experience working in an agile development environment
Experience with deployment tool chain a plus (AWS, Docker, Ansible)
If you have a track record of implementing or modifying automation for web service testing, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!