Software Development Engineer in Test
Bellevue, Washington, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for our various Web Platforms. The successful engineer in this role wil have a passion for streamlining and organizing existing processes, as well as a drive to develop new, more efficient, workflows.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Increasing the quality bar and test coverage of Epic’s web pages
- Automating previously manual processes
- Organizing and compartmentalizing existing automation
- Collaborating with existing team members to improve and expand their current automation practices
- Reading, writing and maintaining automated UI and web control tests
- Actively planning, developing and participating in ensuring new features are designed with testability in mind
- Assisting in the review of test plans and automated cases from junior members
- Working closely with QA feature owners to determine test coverage
- Creating a steamlined process for automation to be used in everyday workflows
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 3-5 years writing test automation using Java, C# or other object oriented language
- RESTful Web page testing experience and a deep understanding of web development concepts
- Experience working with partner teams across geographic locations and time zones
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with deployment tool chain a plus (AWS, Docker, Ansible)
- Experience with ReactJS a plus
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!