Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We are looking for an Android Developer to work on mobile initiatives at Epic.This individual will drive technical excellence on the Android platform, push performance targets, and strive to achieve the best visual fidelity and performance on all possible variants.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Developing robust Android applications as part of a team using Android Studio.
- Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Designing, building, and maintaining high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fixing bugs
- Helping maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Continuing to learn and develop as a software engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem, and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in communicating with UI/UX