Producer - Audio Department
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is seeking an experienced Producer to work closely with its world-class Sound Design team. The ideal candidate for this role is knowledgeable about sound design and audio pipelines for game development. You should be passionate about delivering high-quality experiences for a range of projects and platforms. In this position, you’ll be responsible for handling and organizing the sound design pipelines so that our audio team can focus on what they do best.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Own the development, communication, and management of both daily and long-term scheduling
- Work closely with the Audio Director to identify and communicate roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Help to fully integrate audio into all teams and release pipelines at Epic, so that audio is informed and can create high quality assets on time, for all teams
- Assist audio team with planning, pipeline design, scheduling, and quality delivery.
- Coordinate and help task external contractors
- Work closely with other members of the production team to insure quality
- Manage bug and task tracking databases as part of audio production
- Document meetings and create team update documents; create action items from discussions
- Communicate and coordinate across disciplines and teams in a clear and efficient manner
- Bring together people and teams to solve problems in a fast moving and varied environment
- Communicate frequently with the rest of the production team and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities
- Promote open communication, because every voice matters
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience with game and linear media workflows and pipelines
- Familiarity with VO and music pipelines
- Experience shipping at least one complex/AAA game under time constraint as the project management part of a creative department
- Experience managing tasks and production on a medium sized team or larger
- Experience operating in an environment where you have had to be agile, adaptable, re-prioritize, and still deliver successfully
- Experience approaching challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Passionate about games, and an understanding of the business and cadence of games as a service
- Demonstrated experience taking a team from good to great in a production environment
This is going to be Epic!