Capture Technician (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a contract Capture Technician. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. If you are someone who loves games and has an interest in game design as well as a technical background, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with the capture team to improve capture and render pipelines
- Troubleshooting build and hardware issues quickly
- Creating and editing Blueprints in the Unreal Engine to improve the visual quality of in-engine assets
- Maintaining capture equipment and in-engine assets created by the capture team
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience with a programming language such as Python or C++
- Experience with 3D engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Posses an eye for detail
- Technically proficient with both PCs and consoles
- Highly skilled gamer
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!