Community Coordinator - Fortnite (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Community Coordinator to connect our fans with the team who is launching Fortnite (www.fortnite.com). The ideal candidate will have experience engaging online communities across a variety of platforms from social (think Twitter and Facebook) to gamer focused media like Twitch. If you're a passionate gamer with a strong track record of managing communities, we'd love to talk.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working with Fortnite Community Manager to execute community plans and programs
- Keeping players informed with latest news, messaging and updates for Fortnite.
- Creating entertaining content for players, with a focus on highlighting player created content.
- Facilitating player feedback to the development team.
- Monitoring channels where we engage players (social/forums)
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Well-versed in key social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, reddit, YouTube)
- Great written and verbal communication skills (will be writing in communications channels and may also create content. Blogs, etc.)
- Familiarity with content creator space (YouTube, Twitch)
- Ability to prioritize the high number of tasks that will always be on their plate
- Some direct experience managing a gaming community
- Experience creating content
- Experience managing social media channels
- Bonus: some level of on camera experience
If you're tech-savvy and passionate about social communities then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!