Community Manager - Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Initiate positive and supportive conversations inside the community around content, contests, information and opportunities that will be of interest to the community
- Monitor and respond to conversations on social media, in comment threads, on the Unreal Engine forums, and in social media channels such as Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, GitHub, etc.
- Organize the process of Epic developer participation on owned channels (blog, social, forums); finding topics & resources to answer popular topics or channeling that into documentation & guiding tone & policy
- Sort, triage & funnel customer issues that surface in the community to the proper place and escalation path (engine support, documentation, marketing, individual developers, ops support, developer relations); coordinating closely with various stakeholders
- Drive changes to the public channels & a content cadence to support community goals
- Periodically analyze & report community sentiment to appropriate stakeholders
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A robust understanding of the game development process from prototype to ship
- Familiar with the technical vocabulary and a high level understanding of the various technologies used in game development
- Experience managing or working with online communities
- Experience creating, moderating, or managing websites
- Organized, flexible and able to work with multiple stakeholders
- A passion for game technology and game development
Preference to candidates who are:
- Software development or developer support background (ideally within game technology)
- Experience with building and shipping a game
- Some undergraduate coursework (a course or two) in programming or technical art.
If you’d like to be part of building the Unreal Engine Community and evangelizing our products, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!