Competitive Design Analyst (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for competitive gamers to form a small group of in-house testers helping to assess and improve both Paragon (www.paragon.com) and Fortnite (www.fortnite.com). You will be part of a team which plays our titles at a high level and provides deep feedback and analysis to our development teams. Relocation assistance available.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the design team by utilizing extremely high gameplay skill, analysis, and technical abilities
- Providing highly structured feedback on all aspects of gameplay and demonstrating a proven ability to own qualitative investigations from concept to completion without direction
- Testing prototypes through development and churning through iteration quickly by playing high level matches in-house
- Deconstructing features at the systems level and identifying opportunities for improvement at all stages of feature development before communicating that feedback with great clarity
- Building arguments around well presented supporting data
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Hard-core, competitive gamer with a high ranking in one or more competitive online games
- Strong game analysis skills with the ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Employ various play styles and approach the game from multiple perspectives
- Able to trace symptoms back to core problems
- High skill level and knowledge of the MOBA genre
- High skill level and knowledge of the Action Shooter genre
- Experienced with competitive game tournaments
- Previous game development experience
If you're passionate about playing games and living in the details, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!