Console Engineer - Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Console Engineer to maintain ownership of the PlayStation 4 platform and its interactions with Unreal Engine 4 in all aspects. As an experienced Engine Programmer, you're a senior-level generalist, comfortable with being the "go-to" person for a platform or feature. In this role, you'll sit within Epic's Engine team, working closely with the Rendering team to drive and constantly improve PS4 specific features, runtime performance, toolchain performance and ease of use, plus licensee/user support. You'll also work directly with Epic’s game teams targeting PS4 to ensure they're shipping on time.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Driving performance of the Unreal Engine 4 on Sony platforms, primarily PS4
- Working closely with the Paragon game team on any issues impacting performance on PS4
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing Unreal Engine 4 code base
- Analyzing and fixing common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Experience optimizing game engines for various platforms
- A keen analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Experience with multiple core system tasks such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience working with consoles and/or mobile gaming
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance optimization skills
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!