Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Our Analytics Team is looking for a Data Engineer ready to cut their teeth and apply their scholastic knowledge in a real time setting.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in creating SaaS (Software as a Service) applications in near real-time framework
- Working with the team to help architect, design and implement a Spark Ecosystem for data transformation
- Performing performance tuning tasks on large compute clusters
- Pulling and analyzing data from both batch and near-real-time sources
- Using software development methodology to accurately perform unit testing, performance tuning and integration testing
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages (Java, Scala or Python)
- Expertise using SQL
- Understanding of Apache Spark
- Experience working with complex data types (JSON, XML)
- Exposure to Hadoop a plus
- Ability to be flexible working in a dynamic organization with minimal documentation
Comfort with software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc.