Developer Support Engineer
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Support Engineer to provide pre and post license technical support for our licensees and prospective licensees. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of C++ and development experience working with the Unreal Engine.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
Assist with Unreal Engine license efforts including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre- and post-license technical support, evangelizing Unreal Engine at trade shows.
Assist in the creation of support documentation on the Unreal Developer Network website, as well as specialized support documentation, videos, and samples for the U.S. market.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Able to communicate complex technical issues via email or face-to-face
- Ability to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation such as trade shows, Epic Dev Days, presentations at developer studios, etc.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to set up systems to smooth the road from eval to license
- Shipped console, PC, or mobile, title experience
- Technical customer service experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
like to be part of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll
be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!