Developer Support Engineer
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a Support Engineer to provide pre and post license technical support for our licensees and prospective licensees. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of C++ and development experience working with the Unreal Engine.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
Assisting with Unreal Engine license efforts including but not limited to live Unreal Engine demonstrations, arranging evaluations, providing pre- and post-license technical support, evangelizing Unreal Engine at trade shows.
Assisting in the creation of support documentation on the Unreal Developer Network website, as well as specialized support documentation, videos, and samples for the U.S. market.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in games
- Able to communicate complex technical issues via email or face-to-face
- Ability to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation such as trade shows, Epic Dev Days, presentations at developer studios, etc.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to set up systems to smooth the road from eval to license
- Shipped console, PC, or mobile, title experience
- Technical customer service experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!