Documentation Lead, Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Documentation Team Lead to plan, organize, design, and optimize the learning content for the Unreal Engine 4. This person will contribute to the groundwork by setting guidelines, standards, best practices and processes necessary for Epic to deliver repeatable, programmatic learning resources to a global audience.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Identify learning and development needs of our user base and support networks including addressing various user personas to determine an appropriate, multi-channel approach to delivering learning resources (including written documentation, videos, live webinar content/code, etc.)
- Collaborate with developers to identify documentation needs based on upcoming engine features and other factors
- Plan metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of documentation in coordination with the Analytics and User Experience team
- Collaborate on learning objectives and help to design educational materials to close gaps including instructional strategies, media approach, and training delivery method
- Manages the learning resource team in the editing, packaging, and deployment of work to modularize content for easy and quick consumption
- Acquire detailed knowledge of features and functionality of the engine while understanding how they relate to the company’s goals and strategy
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Community teams to deliver social media content and updates that build awareness of the Epic learning resources with the goals of fostering social community engagement of UE4 users
- Uses design knowledge and expertise to evaluate and continuously improve current learning materials and collaborate across multiple developer support teams to maintain high-quality learning content
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Deep knowledge to the technical writing process
- Experience managing the technical writing process
- Understanding the characteristics and needs of the intended user and their work environment
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate a range of technical information and concepts from different sources and convey the information to end users effectively
- Demonstrated experience producing or working with content that is technical, complex topics in the high tech industry
- Self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously to consistently deliver high-quality results
- Demonstrated success in design, development, and production of learning content to technical audiences both internal and external facing
- Thrives in a fast paced environment demanding a hands-on approach in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and stay current on changing product features and services
- Knowledge of content creation tools such as 3dsMax and Maya
If you have a passion for education, training and working with others, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!