Documentation Lead, Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a Documentation Team Lead to plan, organize, design, and optimize the learning content for the Unreal Engine 4. This person will contribute to the groundwork by setting guidelines, standards, best practices and processes necessary for Epic to deliver repeatable, programmatic learning resources to a global audience.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Identify learning and development needs of our user base and support networks including addressing various user personas to determine an appropriate, multi-channel approach to delivering learning resources (including written documentation, videos, live webinar content/code, etc.)
- Collaborate with developers to identify documentation needs based on upcoming engine features and other factors
- Plan metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of documentation in coordination with the Analytics and User Experience team
- Collaborate on learning objectives and help to design educational materials to close gaps including instructional strategies, media approach, and training delivery method
- Manages the learning resource team in the editing, packaging, and deployment of work to modularize content for easy and quick consumption
- Acquire detailed knowledge of features and functionality of the engine while understanding how they relate to the company’s goals and strategy
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Community teams to deliver social media content and updates that build awareness of the Epic learning resources with the goals of fostering social community engagement of UE4 users
- Uses design knowledge and expertise to evaluate and continuously improve current learning materials and collaborate across multiple developer support teams to maintain high-quality learning content
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Deep knowledge of the technical writing process
- Experience managing the technical writing process
- Understanding the characteristics and needs of the intended user and their work environment
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate a range of technical information and concepts from different sources and convey the information to end users effectively
- Demonstrated experience producing or working with content that is technical, complex topics in the high tech industry
- Self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks simultaneously to consistently deliver high-quality results
- Demonstrated success in design, development, and production of learning content to technical audiences both internal and external facing
- Thrives in a fast paced environment demanding a hands-on approach in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and stay current on changing product features and services
- Knowledge of content creation tools such as 3dsMax and Maya
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!