Engine Programmer - Networking
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for Networking to implement and develop networking features in Unreal Engine 4. You will work closely with members of our game and engine teams, building the world’s premier game engine technology.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining and enhancing the core networking and replay features of Unreal Engine 4 across all supported platforms
- Developing new networking features
- Working with game teams to support their multiplayer gameplay needs
- Providing support to users and licensees for networking-related issues
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Deep experience with network and multiplayer programming on multiple shipped titles
- Experience working with optimization and multithreaded systems
Experience having successfully implemented multiplayer gameplay features in a client-server model
Designed & implemented a custom network protocol