Game Capture Specialist (contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a contract Game Capture Specialist. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. If you are someone who loves games and is familiar with artistic concepts such as composition, cinematography, color, and lighting which are vital to the creation of attractive and engaging videos and images, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with a team to compose and capture video or still images that show off key features, impressive visuals, or specific moments within a game
- Learning and using the tools in Unreal Engine 4 to create top flight custom cinematic content for trailers
- Creating custom content to be used in cinematic trailers
- Pitching ideas for videos
- Editing videos or image touch-up
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong grasp on concepts of composition, cinematography, color, and lighting in visual media
- Background in a technical skill such as animation, lighting, 3D effects, or cinematography
- Passion for games and creating video content
- Technically proficient with both PCs and consoles
- Experienced with video capture and video editing software
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
If you’d like to be part of building a stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!