Game QA Tester (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an onsite contract Game QA Tester. The person in this role will evaluate and evolve test processes, dig beyond the surface to find the issues buried deep within core systems, and keep our tests lean, efficient and focused. If you have a passion for the video game industry, and want to work as part of an integrated QA team, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Inform the development process through bug reports, build stability reports, balance feedback, and data
- Explore and streamline a complex web of features and systems
- Develop and lead deep test investigations
- Perform both functional and subjective testing and separate the two properly
- Prioritize bugs in relation to development focus and properly communicate the impact of blocking and critical issues
- Support the quality of both the game and the development process
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Passionate about the gaming industry
- Basic Unreal Engine experience
- Experience with backend and online test implications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you're tech-savvy, flexible and live in the details we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!