Gameplay Programmer - Paragon
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for Gameplay Programmers to join our team currently working on Paragon. Our gameplay programmers have an intrinsic understanding of what makes a game fun and the analytical mind to break that down into its constituent parts. They experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping, yet have the engineering background to make strong architectural and algorithmic decisions. If you love math, physics, and making heroes come to life, keep reading.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Working closely with game designers on physics-based systems, which impact hero actions and performance in-game, enhancing the player experience
- Working on gameplay features such as: missions, AI, animation, in-game building, multiplayer, or meta-game
- Providing gameplay tools and editor support
- Rapidly iterating on features of a live game while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Professional experience with physics engines in a game engine (i.e. Tools pipeline, performance optimization, behavior etc.)
- Experience making physics work in the game world
- Strong C++ knowledge
- A keen analytical mind with strong problem solving skills
- Well versed in games with the ability to articulate the pros and cons of existing game implementations
- Knowledge of multiplayer implications for features
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent math skills
- Preference shown to applicants who’ve shipped titles using the Unreal Engine
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!