Lead Gameplay Programmer
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a Gameplay Programming Lead to join the incredible team behind Fortnite Battle Royale. In this role, you'll offer hands-on technical and team leadership to enhance and maintain gameplay systems of Fortnite. Our gameplay programmers have an intrinsic understanding of what makes a game fun and the analytical mind to break that down into its constituent parts. You'll work directly with the brightest design and technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game for a growing player community.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Lead development on one or more gameplay systems including: mission, AI, PVP or multiplayer
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
- Working with discipline leads to identify features for upcoming releases
- Working with art and gameplay teams to develop and iterate on features, performance, and tools
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- Commitment to and experience with leading game engineering teams at all levels
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in game’s and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Console experience
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!#LI1