Live Ops Analyst
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a Live Operations Analyst to help us deliver and maintain high quality live game services. This role wears many hats, juggles dynamic priorities, and works toward constantly moving targets. Our Live Operations Analysts leverage data to identify and quantify critical user issues into solvable problems.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Digging into data, utilizing existing charts and rapid ad-hoc querying and visualization to aid in resolving active live issues
- Executing first-level mitigation and resolution actions to remove player obstacles
- Coordinating between multiple disciplines, teams, and offices and bridging the gap between development and operations
- Maintaining high-quality live service for players
- Live game monitoring - building, maintaining, and drawing actionable insights from product health dashboards
- Live incident management - identifying, triaging, escalating, and driving critical player-impacting issues and outages to resolution
- Live build deployment - publishing and supporting multiple software releases and hotfixes per week
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong SQL or scripting languages knowledge
- Prior experience in release management, production, or project management
- Excellent in-the-moment problem-solving skills and the ability to break large problems into manageable and actionable pieces
- Ability to communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Proficient with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Flexible availability - including on-call - and strong time management skills
- Experience working in a NOC/ monitoring environment a plus
- Documentation and process improvement experience
Please submit your resume and we'll be in touch shortly.
This is going to be Epic!