Online Platform - SDET
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person in this role will be an integral part of maintaining quality and building tools on our game development teams. If you are passionate about improving test coverage and want to assist in raising Epic's Technical QA bar, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing test practices, automation tools and harnesses for Epic's internal Online Gameplay Framework and Services
- Upstream technical testing of game implementation of Epic's Online Gameplay Framework
- Modifying game or plugin code to help implement automation hooks as needed
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Software development and/or test experience with proficiency in producing efficient and maintainable code using C/C++ or C#
- Experience testing proprietary systems with third party frameworks such as: Facebook, Oculus, Amazon, Xbox Live, PSN
- Experience working with and testing on multiple OS platforms: Windows/Mac/Linux
- Experience working with and testing on console platforms: XboxOne, PS4
- Experience testing wrapper APIs that call into third party frameworks, and creating test harnesses for them
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A strong grasp on network protocols and how they work: UDP, TCP and HTTP/S
- Programming ability with common scripting languages: Python, Perl
- Knowledge of how game engines work; Experience with either UE4/Unity or a custom internal game engine
- Knowledge of how back end support services interact with a game client or server
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements and translate them into test scenarios/cases
- Usage of automation/performance tools and ability to write end to end automation scripts
- Excellent communications skills both in team, across team, and with management and other disciplines
If you have a track record of implementing or modifying automation frameworks, then we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!