Online Platform - SDET
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET). The person in this role will be an integral part of maintaining quality and building tools on our game development teams. If you are passionate about improving test coverage and want to assist in raising Epic's Technical QA bar, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Implementing test practices, automation tools and harnesses for Epic's internal Online Gameplay Framework and Services
- Upstream technical testing of game implementation of Epic's Online Gameplay Framework
- Modifying game or plugin code to help implement automation hooks as needed
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Software development and/or test experience with proficiency in producing efficient and maintainable code using C/C++ or C#
- Experience testing proprietary systems with third party frameworks such as: Facebook, Oculus, Amazon, Xbox Live, PSN
- Experience working with and testing on multiple OS platforms: Windows/Mac/Linux
- Experience working with and testing on console platforms: XboxOne, PS4
- Experience testing wrapper APIs that call into third party frameworks, and creating test harnesses for them
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A strong grasp on network protocols and how they work: UDP, TCP and HTTP/S
- Programming ability with common scripting languages: Python, Perl
- Knowledge of how game engines work; Experience with either UE4/Unity or a custom internal game engine
- Knowledge of how back end support services interact with a game client or server
- Ability to understand business and functional requirements and translate them into test scenarios/cases
- Usage of automation/performance tools and ability to write end to end automation scripts
- Excellent communications skills both in team, across team, and with management and other disciplines
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!