Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Pipeline Developer / Engineer to work within our art pipeline, building tools, processes and workflows to improve artist efficiencies. The Pipeline Developer provides critical studio support to project artists and department leads, across all Epic projects. A Pipeline Developer will help design, develop, and implement new tools and processes for a particular project, department, or team.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Providing support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline
- Assisting leads and artists with troubleshooting of production problems; include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, rendering, or data flow
- Supporting and working with multiple departments, including Concept, Modeling, Rigging, Animation, Lighting, FX, Production, and Research and Development
- Ensuring software development follows studio policies and guidelines and in some situations, establishing what the guidelines should be
- Working closely with other Technical Directors, Engineers, Producers, Leads, and Art Directors to maintain and further the production pipeline
- Assisting in training and mentoring of other entry level and associate Technical Directors
- Reporting to the studio’s Director of Animation Technology with input from the Studio Art Manager
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Production experience in the game industry, computer animation, or visual effects
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines
- Experience with the Unreal Engine and it’s workflows is preferred
- Experience with 3rd Party CG systems such as Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Houdini, Shotgun, Photoshop, or other similar system
- Strong programming skills with a proficiency in Python, Object Oriented Programming, and C, C++, preferred
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups
If you’d like to be part of the future of the award winning Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!