Player Support Representative (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a contract Player Support Representative. The person in this role will be able to be an active owner in the various transactional areas of support and customer service. If you have a passion for the video game industry, and are invested in creating and transforming positive experiences for gamers, then we would like to talk with you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Daily management of player support interactions (email and live chat) for Epic products with emphasis on same-day positive resolutions
- Possess strong customer-centric skills, able to communicate effectively with people internally and externally with focus on amazing service and support
- Provide weekly contextual summaries in weekly stand-ups
- Establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all departments
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- You are able to communicate effectively while working within a dynamic team structure with individual and shared team objectives
- You can type 50+ wpm accurately
- You have the ability to analyze and execute on complex customer service issues with focus on providing superior and positive player experience outcomes
- You possess strong written/grammar/critical thinking skills
- You have 2+ years prior experience in a customer service-focused contact center environment
- You are experienced with web-based help desk tools a plus (Zendesk, Desk.com, Salesforce, etc.) You are available for and flexible with full-time 24x7 shifting
- You have demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Google App tool suites with emphasis on Excel or Sheets
- You are familiar with PC and console troubleshooting terminology
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!