Portal QA Tester (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for an onsite contract QA Tester on our Online Publishing Platform team. The person in this role will be interested in asking the tough questions, be willing and excited to learn constantly and be an innovative problem-solver. If you are interested in working with cutting edge technology, have exemplary communication skills, and would like to be a proactive contributor in reviewing functionality changes, then we’d like to talk to you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Creating and documenting excellent test cases
- Running and executing test cases with attention to detail
- Identifying, recording and verifying defects
- Solving problems creatively through working with Portal team
- Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding “bigger picture”
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience logging defects in bug tracking system such as Jira
- Computer science background
- Familiar with Windows and Mac operating systems
- Worked within a group to achieve a timeline driven project
- Experienced in testing software within a structured QA team
- Experience in verification of logged bugs
- Understand the software development life cycle and how testing applies
- Minor scripting or programming experience
If you’d like to be part of a team that enables our backend systems and tools to be used to run the Unreal Engine and make games, then we’d like to talk to you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!