QA Lead, Portal
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for full-time QA Lead on our Online Publishing Platform team. The person in this role will be able to not only maintain current QA team processes for multiple projects, but will also be able to improve upon these processes where needed. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment and have the desire to lead a strong test-focused team, then we would like to talk to you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the creation, maintenance and review of test cycles/plans/cases for all responsible features sets in the web domain
- Leading automation strategy for all web properties by working with QA Engineers and SDETs to define, prioritize and oversee implementation
- Maintaining progress tracking for the web QA team in the form of Key Progress Indicators
- Ensuring that all needed environments are configured and setup for testing
- Managing day-to-day testing efforts
- Participating in or leading bug triage efforts with production and development teams
- Promoting and enforcing QA best practices across all team members
- Working with the leads of other teams and notifying of any changes or solutions that might affect their work flows
- Communicating to management with frequent and effective status updates on current initiatives
- Working closely with production and development teams on planning and evaluation of future work by giving design feedback and time estimates for testing
- Driving long term QA team testing process growth and planning
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong background with software development in an online space
- Moderate experience with automating web services and presentation Led a team of 4 – 10 people
- Solid technical background; Knows how to script and can help guide automation goals for the team
- Experience growing and developing the team you lead
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented architecture and design
If you're confident to drive process change where needed in a QA team setting, then we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!