QA Lead, Portal
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for full-time QA Lead on our Online Publishing Platform team. The person in this role will be able to not only maintain current QA team processes for multiple projects, but will also be able to improve upon these processes where needed.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the creation, maintenance and review of test cycles/plans/cases for all responsible features sets in the web domain
- Leading automation strategy for all web properties by working with QA Engineers and SDETs to define, prioritize and oversee implementation
- Maintaining progress tracking for the web QA team in the form of Key Progress Indicators
- Ensuring that all needed environments are configured and setup for testing
- Managing day-to-day testing efforts
- Participating in or leading bug triage efforts with production and development teams
- Promoting and enforcing QA best practices across all team members
- Working with the leads of other teams and notifying of any changes or solutions that might affect their work flows
- Communicating to management with frequent and effective status updates on current initiatives
- Working closely with production and development teams on planning and evaluation of future work by giving design feedback and time estimates for testing
- Driving long term QA team testing process growth and planning
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong background with software development in an online space
- Moderate experience with automating web services and presentation Led a team of 4 – 10 people
- Solid technical background; Knows how to script and can help guide automation goals for the team
- Experience growing and developing the team you lead
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented architecture and design
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!