Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for full-time QA Lead for Paragon. The person in this role will be able to balance both the project and people management aspects of a QA team. The person in this role will also be able to ensure positive player experience with consistent polished launches.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the creation and maintenance of test cycles/plans/cases for all features, tools, initiatives within the Paragon project
- Working with Production and Engineering Leads to develop, prioritize and maintain automation strategy
- Leading bug triage efforts with Production and Development teams
- Escalating issues efficiently to appropriate parties
- Communicating frequent and effective status updates on current initiatives, build status, defined reports and bug tracking
- Working closely with Production and Development teams to evaluate and plan features and testing strategies
- Keeping the team focused on establishing a strong relationship between the QA department/team and developers/production
- Promoting and enforcing QA best practices across all team members
- Mentoring and providing career development support to direct reports, coaching under-performers, and auditing metric/project expectations
- Working closely with Production on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Identifying and driving departmental vision and goals
- Ensuring all areas of Quality Assurance are executed and are meeting Epic’s standards
- Ensuring that all needed environments are configured and setup for testing, live, and events
- Managing day-to-day testing efforts and QA team
- Assessing shipping risk related to build health
- Working with LiveOps team to provide coverage for deployment white glove testing, as well as tracking current Live Issues
- Building or revising processes and structure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with database software (Bugzilla, JIRA, DevTrack, DevTest)
- You are proactive, motivated, and energetic
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business
- Strong grasp on agile methodologies and how they are applied
- Prior experience leading a QA team in a live environment
- Strong knowledge shipping live product(s) on frequent release cycles
- Familiarity with Automation tools and best practices
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!