QA Manager, Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a full-time QA Manager on our Unreal Engine team. The person in this role will be able to not only maintain current QA team processes for the Unreal Engine, but will also be able to improve upon these processes where needed. If you are looking for a challenge on a team that has its voice on every project Epic creates, then we would like to talk to you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and driving departmental vision and goals
- Developing and executing on a long term plan for growing and maturing the current team to support growth and flexibility within the organization
- Working closely with QA Leads on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Working closely with the production team to help prioritize testing across Unreal Engine 4 and other company initiatives
- Mentoring team members to ensure both individual and team growth
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple leads and stakeholders about features, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinating with other managers in the organization to share solutions wherever possible
- Helping implement key KPI indicators to measure team effectiveness to help drive process changes
- Helping drive, contribute and implement process for automation initiatives across all aspects of engine testing
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- You have a strong background in software development and have a solid technical or engineering background
- You have experience leading a large technical QA team
- You have strong knowledge shipping multiple live product(s) with a frequent release cycle
- You have a strong grasp on agile methodologies and how they are applied
- You have a love for games, the industry and next generation technology across multiple platforms
If you're someone who always wants to improve the quality of your team and QA processes in general, then we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!