QA Manager, Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a full-time QA Manager on our Unreal Engine team. The person in this role will be able to not only maintain current QA team processes for the Unreal Engine, but will also be able to improve upon these processes where needed.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and driving departmental vision and goals
- Developing and executing on a long term plan for growing and maturing the current team to support growth and flexibility within the organization
- Working closely with QA Leads on team structure, headcount and hiring, and developing a training process for new and existing team members
- Working closely with the production team to help prioritize testing across Unreal Engine 4 and other company initiatives
- Mentoring team members to ensure both individual and team growth
- Collaborating and communicating with multiple leads and stakeholders about features, requirements and acceptance criteria
- Coordinating with other managers in the organization to share solutions wherever possible
- Helping implement key KPI indicators to measure team effectiveness to help drive process changes
- Helping drive, contribute and implement process for automation initiatives across all aspects of engine testing
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Solid technical or engineering background in software development
- Experience leading a large technical QA team, and successfully growing team's capability level
- Experience testing tools, SDKs or extensible products, and live product(s) with a frequent release cycle
- Demonstrated leadership with automation strategy and implementation
- Passion for games, the industry and next generation technology across multiple platforms
This is going to be Epic!