Rendering Programmer - Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is searching for experienced Rendering Programmers to help enhance and maintain the graphics of Unreal Engine 4. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for multiple platforms.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Enhancing and maintaining the graphics of Unreal while creating new features
- Responsible for performance of features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are useable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
- Be forward thinking keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Performance minded development and optimization skills
- Results oriented approaches and thinking
- Self-motivated and able to dive into a complex system with quick results
- Must be able to communicate and work well with a team of similarly passionate and skilled individuals
- Strong communication and proficiency working with technical artists to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages including DirectX and OpenGL/GLSL
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Experience with implementing rendering solutions on mobile devices
- Expertise in OpenGL ES
- Professional experience with one or more shipped titles