Senior ETL Developer
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic is looking for an ETL Developer to join a growing team of Analysts and Engineers who provide valued insights across all of Epic's games and the Unreal Engine. This role will be responsible for helping to architect, build, and maintain an optimized and highly available data pipeline for deeper analysis and reporting.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Taking ownership of data being generated from several of our key games
- Providing production support on a rotating basis
- Designing, implementing or managing a Big Data Platform
- Reviewing and restructuring existing code
- Becoming a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for generated game data
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Proficiency in ETL development, methodology and tools, particularly in the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Presto, MapReduce, Kafka, Spark, etc).
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala or Python)
- Advanced SQL Knowledge
- Experience with complex data types (JSON, XML)
- Familiarity with data modeling
- Comfort with software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic organization with minimal documentation and process