Senior FX Artist
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
We are looking for a FX Artist to join our team working on Epic's Unreal Tournament (www.unrealtournament.com) or Paragon (www.paragon.com). A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a particle editor. They will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously. If you have a strong sense of weight, timing, and motion and are ready to bring that ability to execute outstanding FX to our games then we would like to hear from you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
- Create all art needed for the visual effects
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed game FX work
- You have a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic effects to life with flair
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects
- Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Shipped titles within the game industry
- Familiarity with the Unreal 4 Engine art pipeline
- Experience working with multiple platforms memory limitations
- Scripting experience
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!