For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in world! Epic Games is looking for experienced Gameplay Programmers to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. We believe that the best gameplay experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between gameplay programmers, designers and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future gameplay features, whether it’s new crazy items in Battle Royale, or pushing Save the World in new, exciting directions.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Supporting technical excellence of Fortnite on multiple platforms
Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
Write robust, maintainable code
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in game’s and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Console experience
- Experience working on a live service game
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!