Senior Gameplay Systems Programmer - Paragon
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for a Tech Lead to join our team currently working on Paragon. Our Tech Leads help enhance and maintain core systems of Paragon and Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Technical excellence of Paragon on multiple platforms
- Troubleshooting engine and platform specific issues
- Working with the Unreal Engine team to identify and deliver feature and performance improvements
- Working with discipline leads to identify engine-level features for upcoming releases
- Working with art and gameplay teams to develop and iterate on features, performance, and tools
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with wide array of low-level systems: graphics, networking, audio, memory management, tools, etc
- Console experience; especially next-generation systems
- Performance minded development and optimization skills with results oriented approaches and thinking
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience with one or more shipped titles
- Keen interest in games
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!#LI3