Senior Platform Engineer
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for experienced Senior Platform Engineers to join our Cary, NC studio. Our Senior Platform Engineers build scalable systems in a highly dynamic environment under specific time constraints, working closely with Game Designers and Programmers to create software used by millions of people every day.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
· Guiding the technology choices and user experience for developers for multi-platform deployment of the Unreal Engine;
· Writing sustainable, bug-free code;
· Analyzing and optimizing game performance on all platforms, providing technical advice, and providing support to gameplay teams;
· Maintaining ownership of entire systems and platform features;
· Providing technical leadership and mentoring programmers contributing to those systems;
· Working closely with game server, web service platform, and game client technology teams to create new platform features;
· Maintaining reliable systems while analyzing performance and making improvements;
· Blending, utilizing, and implementing elegant algorithms and data structures, object oriented programming, and design patterns;
· Working with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, and distributed systems to attain fault tolerance and scalability;
· Communicating, teaching, training, and interpreting data to resolve highly complex issues;
· Supporting, diagnosing, and troubleshooting with game teams on engine technology;
· Preparing changes for integration back into engine from other teams; and
· Serving as a technical and content resource for artists, designers and engineers on various teams.
The ideal candidate will meet the qualifications below:
· Bachelor of Science degree, from an accredited university in the U.S., or its foreign equivalent, in Game Design/Software Development, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree and 5 years of professional experience in the video game industry programming in Unreal Engine;
· Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
At least 5 years of professional experience in the following:
· Configuring and deploying applications to production environments;
· Programming using C++;
· Working on multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.;
· Working with multithreaded systems;
· Executing performance optimization for PC and consoles.
To qualify, applicants must complete the Epic Programming Exercise to demonstrate proficiency. Candidates must pass background and reference check. Multiple openings for this position.
If you’re passionate about building systems and
want to contribute to the future of Unreal Engine, we’d love to hear from you.
This is going to be Epic!