Senior Producer - Fortnite
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an experienced Producer for one of our latest titles, Fortnite (www.fortnite.com). The person in this role will be a vital part of creating our next hit game. In this role you’ll manage schedules, remove roadblocks, and ensure the team has all they need to meet a demanding schedule. You will be responsible for working with all levels of the Production team and Project leads to track and prioritize elements of work, always prioritizing quality and shipping a great game.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Managing feature development on a high paced project with a regular release cadence
- Creating, aligning, and executing a clear plan - work with cross discipline teams and other producers to create detailed plans for releases as well as longer-term milestone goals; align expectations with stakeholders; execute on this plan by tracking and reporting progress, remove blockers from team, raise red flags when appropriate, and clearly communicate to the right people at the right time.
- Balancing and negotiating changes - evaluate changes in plans, discuss trade-offs with teams, and drive towards necessary solutions and decisions.
- Ensuring the development teams feel empowered to carry out goals to a high level of quality.
- Working with project and discipline leads to determine time and people necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Communicating frequently with the rest of the production team and team leads on the project status, risks, and opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of one title shipped as a Producer on a game project
- Experience managing multiple teams on a demanding, fast-paced and quality-focused project
- Ability to create a plan, track tasks, and identify and solve for risks and bottlenecks
- Outstanding analytical skills and focus on driving towards solutions - the ability to seek, solve and present solutions to problems in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to work through competing priorities, frequent changes, and seek solutions to always get the job done
- Detail-oriented - able to track, prioritize, and conscientiously follow through on multiple competing elements of work, in timely fashion, across groups with varying interests
- Goal-oriented with a constant eye on the prize and delivering excellence; in doing so you manage and motivate the team to continue pushing forward
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Rock-solid project management skills - regardless of methodology, you know how to break down, manage, and report on the work you oversee
- Enthusiasm for learning new things, taking on new projects and thinking outside the box
- The perfect mix of autonomy, self motivation, teamwork, social intelligence and an ability to enjoy oneself amidst some of the smartest folks in the industry
- Demonstrated passion for games and an understanding of the business surrounding games as a service
If you're passionate about games and bringing order to chaos, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon
This is going to be Epic!