Senior Producer - Unreal Engine
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
The ideal candidate for this role as Producer on our Unreal 4 Engine (www.unrealengine.com) team should be passionate about technology, and keeping engineers coding, artists drawing, and designers making the Unreal Engine. In this position, you’ll be responsible for handling and organizing the process of enhancing UE4 so that they can focus on what they do best: creating an awesome engine!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the team feels empowered to carry out the goal at hand by ensuring there is an achievable schedule, and the team has the resources they need to deliver on time and at a high quality level
- Own the development, communication, and management of both daily and long-term scheduling
- Identify and communicate to the rest of the production team and/or the studio management any roadblocks or bottlenecks that may prevent the team from achieving their goals
- Work with discipline leads to determine time and people necessary to see projects through to completion
- Help make informed decisions by partnering with team leads on work methods, development pipeline, priorities, and available people
- Communicate frequently with the rest of the production team and team leads on project status, risks, and opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Experience working in an internal production role where you've managed development teams in the creation and delivery of a complex software product
- Worked in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success
- You approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Promote open communication, because every voice matters
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
- Be goal oriented, with a constant eye on the prize, delivering excellence; in doing so you’ll manage and motivate the team to continue pushing forward even when the cards appear to be stacked against you
- Have a passion for games, and an understanding of the business surrounding games as a service
- You are confident in amicably solving people problems while still attempting to aggressively achieve business goals
If you're a tech-savvy producer, passionate about working across disciplines and living in the details we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!