Senior Programmer - Launcher
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is searching for experienced engine programmers to help enhance and maintain core systems of Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms. You'll work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Solving complex problems with innovative solutions
- Contributing to architectural vision and writing coding to solve new and exciting problems
- Contributing to engineering best practices including peer reviews and coding standards
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to turn product requirements into a technical design
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent C++ skills and the ability to code and architect various systems
- Strong math skills
- A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, I/O, etc.
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance optimization skills
- Exposure to Chromium
- Exposure to cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!