Senior Programmer - Portal
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is searching for a strong C++ generalist to work with our Portal team and own continuing to development of a tightly integrated and highly performant Chromium integration into UE4. The ideal candidate loves building tools and working in systems that connect developers to the Unreal Engine, and players to Epic’s games. You will be a key technical contributor and collaborator on a team whose focus is developing an end-user facing application that enables the long-term vision of Epic.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Contributing to architectural vision and writing coding to solve new and exciting problems
- Contributing to engineering best practices including peer reviews and coding standards
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders to turn product requirements into a technical design
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Exposure to Chromium Embedded Framework
- Experience working with third party integrations
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Experience building end-user client applications that connect to complex back-end services
- Understanding of client/server networking including REST over HTTP
If you love problem solving and want to make an impact on every Epic product and user, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!