Senior Systems Designer - Paragon
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a Systems Designer to focus on class and item design in Paragon. In this job, you will have a role in creating systems such as skills system, class design, combat systems, and building systems. You will be responsible for general design, balance, rules, interface, etc. and will play an integral role in defining the outcome of the project.
- Owning complex game system(s) and shepherding them through the process including skills, class design, combat, and building systems
- General design, balance, rules, interface, etc.
- Playing an integral role in designing the outcome of the project
- Integrating on a complete game system and knowing when it’s time to take out of pre-production into production and polish
- Using resources effectively and being a self-starter who can deliver results
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Deep experience with game and systems design; specifically player economies
- Strong desire to work with the biggest data sets possible
- Strong passion for building and/or playing shooters, MMOs, RPGs, or RTS games
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- 5+ years in a design role, preferably systems design
- Demonstrated experience with advancement, itemization, and progression based systems
- Experience developing best practices on building scalable and maintainable systems while being comfortable educating others as to their value
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!