Senior Systems Programmer - Paragon
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Tech Lead to join our team currently working on Paragon. Our Tech Leads help enhance and maintain core systems of Paragon and Unreal Engine 4, as well as optimize them for multiple platforms by working directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as Epic builds the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Technical excellence of Paragon on multiple platforms
- Troubleshooting engine and platform specific issues
- Working with the Unreal Engine team to identify and deliver feature and performance improvements
- Working with discipline leads to identify engine-level features for upcoming releases
- Working with art and gameplay teams to develop and iterate on features, performance, and tools
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with wide array of low-level systems: graphics, networking, audio, memory management, tools, etc
- Console experience; especially next-generation systems
- Performance minded development and optimization skills with results oriented approaches and thinking
- Creativity in problem solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- 5+ years of professional experience with one or more shipped titles
- Keen interest in games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!#LI3