Senior Web Engineer - Launcher
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is adding a Senior Web Engineer to be embedded within our Launcher team. You'll work closely with a cross-discipline team to further develop and maintain a responsive front end and user-centered experiences. Be a part of moving our launcher to web technologies and improve the experience of every user coming to Epic's games and engine. Our web team is more than just marketing websites - our engineers build applications and tools that support many of the teams at Epic. Whether it's a tool used by customer service to manage our users or a web-based companion application for a game (like Paragon's Deck Builder), at Epic you'll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company. We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React+Node for in-house frontend applications, NGINX/Jetty/Apache web servers - allowing for people of various skill sets to make an impact.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for building and maintianing new UIs in the Epic Games Launcher
- Ensure the utilization of latest web technology to build user-friendly, high performance web applications
- Design, review, and oversee the implementation of Epic’s web framework of our Launcher integration
- Collecting and analyzing web analytics for the Launcher experience
- Providing input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Experience architecting and leading innovative web projects
- Experience with REACT, Alt, and WebPack front end tools
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Exposure to working with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of Java, Grails, or other object oriented languages a plus
- Exposure to Chromium or Awesomium
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!