Senior Web Engineer - Launcher
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent, or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is adding a Senior Web Engineer to be embedded within our Launcher team. You'll work closely with a cross-discipline team to further develop and maintain a responsive front end and user-centered experiences. Be a part of moving our launcher to web technologies and improve the experience of every user coming to Epic's games and engine.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for building and maintianing new UIs in the Epic Games Launcher
- Ensure the utilization of latest web technology to build user-friendly, high performance web applications
- Design, review, and oversee the implementation of Epic’s web framework of our Launcher integration
- Collecting and analyzing web analytics for the Launcher experience
- Providing input for production/live release control process
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Experience architecting and leading innovative web projects
- Experience with REACT, Alt, and WebPack front end tools
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Exposure to working with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of Java, Grails, or other object oriented languages a plus
- Exposure to Chromium or Awesomium
If you're a strong front-end developer who loves working on a critical user-facing applications, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!