Senior Web Engineer - Tools
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent, or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is adding a Senior Web Engineer, focused on Tools development, to it's online team. This position is responsible for designing and implementing both internal and external tools to support our games, launcher, and web services. The ideal candidate understands and values the importance of robust reporting and management tools.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Design, implement, and maintain web-based tools used by internal teams as well as external users
- Work closely with Customer Service and game services teams to identify gaps in reporting and functionality as well as proposing solutions to improve usability
- Help identify and resolves performance or functional issues in web services
- Collecting, analyzing and exposing web analytics that help drive feature development
- Providing input for production/live release control process across the web team
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Deep knowledge of Java, Grails, or other object oriented language
- Experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- User Experience training/experience is a plus
- Exposure to Chromium or Awesomium
If you’re a proven and pro-active problem solver who enjoys making developers' lives easier, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!