Senior Web Engineer - Tools
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is adding a Senior Web Engineer, focused on Tools development, to it's online team. This position is responsible for designing and implementing both internal and external tools to support our games, launcher, and web services. The ideal candidate understands and values the importance of robust reporting and management tools. Our web team is more than just marketing websites - our engineers build applications and tools that support many of the teams at Epic. Whether it's a tool used by customer service to manage our users or a web-based companion application for a game (like Paragon's Deck Builder), at Epic you'll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company. We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React+Node for in-house frontend applications, NGINX/Jetty/Apache web servers - allowing for people of various skill sets to make an impact.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Design, implement, and maintain web-based tools used by internal teams as well as external users
- Work closely with Customer Service and game services teams to identify gaps in reporting and functionality as well as proposing solutions to improve usability
- Help identify and resolves performance or functional issues in web services
- Collecting, analyzing and exposing web analytics that help drive feature development
- Providing input for production/live release control process across the web team
- Communicate technical risks across the group
- Deep knowledge of Java, Grails, or other object oriented language
- Experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL database, preferably MongoDB
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience building applications that consume RESTful APIs
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- User Experience training/experience is a plus
- Exposure to Chromium or Awesomium
This is going to be Epic!