Support Technician (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for an onsite contract Support Technician. The person in this role will be able to help developers (both internal and external customers) by troubleshooting technical issues with projects in Unreal Engine 4, interact with talented teams, and engage with community members to build a solid working relationship.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical support for our customers developing projects in Unreal Engine 4
- Investigating and reproducing bug reports from our customers and reporting them to the Engine development team
- Reviewing customer issues and escalating if needed by understanding the “bigger picture”
- Helping supplement documentation by converting answers discovered while supporting customers and converting the information into official learning resources content
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong focus on customer service
- Displays an aptitude for a specific development focus such as (but not limited to) networking, animation, advanced visual effects, lighting, rendering, gameplay programming, etc.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance researching and logging defects in a bug tracking system
- Development experience including C++, scripting, or 3D asset creation
- Experience providing technical support for customers
- Experience in game or simulation development using any engine
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Having awareness of existing learning resources and communicating gaps in coverage
- Striving to become a subject matter expert
- Participating in various support-related processes and reporting creation
- Providing internal technical support and engine setup for Epic staff
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!