Support Technician (Contract)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for an onsite contract Support Technician. The person in this role will be able to help developers (both internal and external customers) by troubleshooting technical issues with projects in Unreal Engine 4, interact with talented teams, and engage with community members to build a solid working relationship. If you have a passion for the video game industry and want to constantly learn new skillsets, then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical support for our customers developing projects in Unreal Engine 4
- Investigating and reproducing bug reports from our customers and reporting them to the Engine development team
- Reviewing customer issues and escalating if needed by understanding the “bigger picture”
- Helping supplement documentation by converting answers discovered while supporting customers and converting the information into official learning resources content
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong focus on customer service
- Displays an aptitude for a specific development focus such as (but not limited to) networking, animation, advanced visual effects, lighting, rendering, gameplay programming, etc.
- Basic knowledge of quality assurance researching and logging defects in a bug tracking system
- Development experience including C++, scripting, or 3D asset creation
- Experience providing technical support for customers
- Experience in game or simulation development using any engine
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Having awareness of existing learning resources and communicating gaps in coverage
- Striving to become a subject matter expert
- Participating in various support-related processes and reporting creation
- Providing internal technical support and engine setup for Epic staff
If you're tech-savvy, flexible and constantly want to learn new things in addition to helping others, please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!