Systems Designer - Fortnite
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a Systems Designer to join the Fortnite team - www.fortnitegame.com. In this job you will have a role in creating systems such as skills system, class design, combat systems, and building systems. You will be responsible for general design, balance, rules, interface, etc. and will play an integral role in defining the outcome of the project.
- Own complex game system(s) and shepherd them through the process including skills, class design, combat, and building systems
- Responsible for general design, balance, rules, interface, etc.
- Play an integral role in designing the outcome of the project
- Integrate on a complete game system and know when it’s time to take out of pre-production into production and polish
- Use few resources to be a self-starter that can deliver results that are scaled to the resource pool
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Passion for game and systems design
- Strong desire to work with the biggest data sets possible
- Experience and passion for building and/or playing shooters, MMOs, RPGs, or RTS games
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- 5+ years in a design role, preferably systems design
- Demonstrated experience with advancement, itemization, and progression based systems
- Experience developing best practices on building scalable and maintainable systems while being comfortable educating others as to their value
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!