Cary, North Carolina, United States
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is looking for a UI Artist to join our team on Paragon. In this job the artist will have the ability to take wireframes and bring them to life while improving the UX with visuals. The artist will also implement mockups in Unreal Editor using UMG, animations, material effects, etc. The ideal candidate will be able to apply our current art style while also helping to push and define it.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Working in Photoshop and/or Illustrator to create art for previously designed screens
- Bringing art to life while improving the UX with visuals
- Create new material effects, implement basic logic in blueprints, and/or create 3D effects
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Excellent artistic talent for 2D UI art
- Expert ability to work in Photoshop and/or Illustrator to create new UI screens
- Experience with Unreal Editor materials and UMG
- Proven ability to create art for UI screens for a shipped AAA game title
- Proven track record of creating art with a particular focus on clarity and usability
- Passion for video games
If you’d like to be part of building a visually stunning game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!