UI Programmer - Paragon
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
We think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people who are dedicated to building the highest quality experiences possible for our developer and player communities. If you’d like to be part of something Epic while creating amazing games or incredible technology used across a multitude of industries, we’d love to hear from you!
Epic Games is looking for a User Interface Programmer to join our engineering team working on our newest titles, Paragon and Fortnite. Our UI Programmers have an intrinsic understanding of how to ensure game UI meets both the aesthetic and functional requirements of the game design. You will work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers as you prototype and develop new UI.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Define and lead UI prototyping
- Careful attention to detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architect, plan, and implement new UI systems
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing UI systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable code
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 3+ years of relevant programming experience in the game industry
- Strong passion for UI
- Experience building User Interfaces for games
- Expert in C/C++ and object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passion and experience with games
- Previous Unreal Engine experience
- Experience working on UI for console games
- Tools experience
- Experience working on a live service game
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!