UI Programmer - Fortnite
Cary, North Carolina, United States
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award winning games and game engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that brings environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games is looking for experienced Programmers to join our growing engineering team on Fortnite. The ideal candidate is passionate about games and well-versed in C++, UI development, console development, and web services. In this role you'll have an opportunity to work across UI, gameplay, and online systems to build features highly impactful to users.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Define and lead UI prototyping
- Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
- Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems
- Optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
- Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Writing robust, maintainable code
- Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
- Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Exceptional C++ programming skills
- Experience developing UI features for games across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
- General experience with web services
- Unreal Engine development experience
- Passion for games and great user experiences
- Keen analytical mind and mature problem solving skills
Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!